1. Choose one of our 8 Stones of Support, or special projects listed to the left - If you are interested in fundraising for an initiative that is not listed here, please contact [email protected].
2. Set a dollar goal - Most campaigns raise $500 on average. We recommend you start anywhere between $200 - $400. Once you have reached this goal, you can always set your goal higher from there!
3. Set a deadline - set a date by which you would like to achieve your fundraising goal! Doing this motivates your network to make their donation sooner rather than later.
4. Share with your network - Fundraisers are effective because of how we leverage the people within our community. Once your fundraiser has been approved and you receive the "Your Page Is LIVE!" email, share the link from that email with your friends, family, colleagues, peers, and community! Let them know all contributions, whatever they can give, add up to the larger goal.
5. Send a thank you to your supporters - take a moment to send an email or a text message to any of your contacts who have decided to make a donation. Alternatively, at the end of your campaign period, you can send a group email or message to everyone you know who donated, and let them know what you were able to fundraise in the end. You can hopefully thank them for helping you to reach your goal!
If you have any questions or need help getting your page started, please reach out to [email protected] and we will be able to provide support and resources. Thank you for prioritizing Indigenous-led work in northern and remote communities. True North Aid appreciates your heart and your time!